Summer's End Altered Picture Frame with Michelle!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Good morning all! Michelle here with you and today I have another project that I created using this month's beautiful "Summer's End" kit to share with you. This time I've decided to alter an 11 1/2 by 11 1/2 photo frame with goodies from the kit.

 I started with a large chipboard photo frame that I picked up for next to nothing at a local craft store. I primed the frame with a layer a gesso. Once the gesso dried I sprayed it with the Tattered Angels' "Cornflower" blue chalkboard spray from the kit and allowed it to dry. To give the frame some texture I used the Tim Holtz "woodgrain" stencil from the kit and some modeling paste, including the edges. Before the modeling paste dried I sprayed the frame with the Cornflower chalkboard spray again, giving it a good coating. Then I also sprayed some Tattered Angels' "Frost" so the blues mingled and I got a two tone effect.
I embellished the frame with the kraft doilies, ribbon, and some of the wood veneers from the kit. I also used a few flowers and gems from my stash.
I placed one of the adorable resin fairies from the kit in the lower corner.
Thanks so much for dropping by! Hope you have a creative day!
Products used:


5 Comments »

5 Responses to “Summer's End Altered Picture Frame with Michelle!”

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! This is amazing!! I am IN LOVE with how you gave this the wood grain effect and loving all the flowers!!!!!!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

beautifully done!!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

This is gorgeous! I love that frame!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Totally gorgeous Michelle. Love that frame.

SandeeNC said...

LOVE the texture! Great job!