Believe with Tamiko!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Hey hey GOOD PEOPLE!!  It's Tamiko!!

To BELIEVE

Is to have .. a faith.. almost a knowledge, with or without any real proof.. that something is true.  I believe in fairies.  (smile)  I believe in their magical essence.  I think they are around us all the time, specifically, when I create.  When I play, I think fairies sit with me and push me to practice, practice, practice!  Who cares if you use the minimal supplies, as long as you use them?  Nothing beats a failure but a try, can we agree?

Any who.. let's get to what I want to show you today!!  It's from page twenty-five of your book, if you are following along with us!  This page was a little bit more difficult to do.. Of course my picture does not look like the page, because I drew it.  I am not the artist of the book.  ::giggles::   I took a lot of the same characteristics and the steps and from the page.

Oh and  I totally enjoyed using the FUDE BALL pen by Ranger that comes in the kit.  Although thicker that many roller ball pens, not nearly as fragile as I thought it might be!  It practically glided over the Dylusion inks and then layers of acrylic paints I used from the Deco Art Mixed Media Fluid line.  Here's my page..  and a few additional close ups...


The word *Believe* I did with a paint pen then I outlined with my Fude Ball pen, something I picked up reading the The Art of Whimsical Lettering, by Joanne Sharpe.  You can find that at Frosted Designs!  This allowed me to branch out and believing not only in my own ability to learn to draw fairies, but also my own handwriting. (smile)  Also added some accent white gel pen markings with my favorite gel pen, the Unibal Signo.  Note:  This has to be used on a completely dry page or you could possibly ruin your pen.  If you accidentally use it on a damp page, wipe off the pen nib immediately!

Again.. if you have the kit/book.. I would love to see what you are doing with the fairy pages!  If you don't want to share publicly.. Feel free to private message me a sneaky peek on Facebook!

 Oh, and thank you if you have purchased the kit or plan to soon!!  Sandee Setliff and I (Tamiko McCurry) are both available to you for any questions you may have about the kit. (smile)

Thank you for stopping by!!





12 Comments »

12 Responses to “Believe with Tamiko! ”

Unknown said...

Omg Tamiko, that is just one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen. I love the fairy and the colors are just amazing. You did a perfect job on this. Love your inspiration.

SandeeNC said...

She is beautiful and I too believe!!

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Tamiko you are doing such beautiful work, I love the fairies, and I am sending you some blog love.

Crafts by Linda and Friends said...

Tamiko you did it again. This is a beautiful piece. Love all the info you give your very talented and generous. Thank you!

Byrd Street Studio said...

Beautiful.I enlarged to scan around this piece and saw all the detail you put in this. Her wings are amazing and I love the mushrooms.

Classygirl said...

Sweet! Makes me want to try my hand at fairies. Love the colors!

Anna said...

This is beautiful Tamiko! Love, love, LOVE your little fairy!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So beautiful Tamiko. Love those awesome colors and info!!!!

Vicki said...

Meko
That is awesome. I have the kit and love the fude ball. Need to practice the fairies. You nailed it. Love love love

Sandy said...

I love everything about this. The fairy is adorable her wings are so pretty and sparkly.. Perfect word for it Believe yep you just have to believe this is fantastic.. .
Sandy :)

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! The colors and details you achieved in this piece are truly stunning!

Brandi Matos said...

Oh, this is soooo beautiful!!!!!! Great job girl!!!