Navy Sailor With Jean

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hi! Jean here and today we are stepping outside the box! We are trying Vintage - distressed edges and all! When I saw this gorgeous paper from 7 Dots in the April kit,  I knew I had to get out the older photos! I have some of my dad as a navy sailor. This might have been just when he signed up. Unfortunately, I do not know if he enlisted or many of the details of his service. My sisters have that info and now I am determined to learn more of the story. Included in this month's kit is the die cut cardstock. To be honest, I never quite know what to do with the die cuts. I decided to group them as  a border on either sides of the photos. I used the Tim Holtz Distress marker around the edges. I made a flower cluster including a black flower, newsprint flowers and a wood veneer camera from my stash. I also added a touch of lace and ribbon.

This kit has everything you need to complete a project like this!



4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Navy Sailor With Jean”

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING those flowers and those photos!!!!

Joni Parker said...

Wow Jean!! Amazing!!

SandeeNC said...

wow Jean, I love your distressed vintage LO! Gorgeous!

Barb Craft said...

LOVE this Jean!! The vintage look of the papers and embellishments are perfect for that fabulous photo!