Tutorial Tuesday by Sandee!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hi everyone, have you ever sewn onto your cards or lay outs?

 It's a great way to add texture without adding any heaviness or bulk. One of my favorite things to sew are french knots which is a decorative stitch made by winding the thread one or more times around the needle and drawing the needle back through the material at the point where it came out.





Now if you have any problems understanding the step out instructions, please feel free to visit my blog : In the hills of North Carolina, where I created a video tutorial, but beware, it's my first video I ever made....need I say anything else? lol

Here is my finished card:

Hope you have a great week, 
loving all the Black and White + 1 entries and you have until May 23rd to enter. 
Sandee

2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Tutorial Tuesday by Sandee!”

Michelle said...

I love this!!
I embroider and I've stitched on paper but it never dawned on me to do French knots on my paper projects. How clever! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Love this french knot on the flower center...thanks for sharing! Lisa