Friday Challenge - Metal/Metallics

Friday, August 7, 2015

ANNOUNCEMENT!! Frosted Designs is making a small change! Starting this month, we will move to one challenge a month! That means that you have all month long to play along and join in the fun! 

****************************************************************************

Welcome to this month's challenge.  This is Joni Parker and I hope you are having a wonderful summer (or whatever season it may be in your locale).

 I am challenging you to use Metal or Metallics on your project this month.  You can use metal embellishments or you can use metallic colors like Gold, Silver, Bronze..etc.

I created this layout using mostly "extra" scraps that were laying around my scraproom (instead of trying to put all the pieces away, I figured this was a better way to clean it all up).

I chose a neutral background since I wasn't sure what colors I was going to use.  and I knew I was going to use metals to highlight the topic of the layout being my son's new braces.



I used a metal clip (Hello) from Maya Road and also some of those old Fastenator staples/bars.  Also, the letters I chose are "glittery" which enforce the metallic theme.


I also added a couple silver metal buttons, used a metallic spray ink and some more metal staples/bars.


Enjoy and Happy Scrapping!!  Check out these wonderful samples from our Design Team!!



Connie
I used an Iron work pattern Cupcake wrapper and tiny charms are inserted around frame.
Not sure what the Besties name is.




Mandy



Elizabeth


Rachelle




As you may have noticed with our Design Team inspiration, Sherri Baldy is sponsoring this week's challenge! One lucky person will win a prize from Sherri Baldy!! 


You can find more Sherri Baldy inspiration on the Sherri Baldy blog HERE! 
And you can shop the Sherri Baldy Etsy store HERE!

REMEMBER…. You have the ENTIRE month to complete this challenge! Inlinkz will close on August 31st! Enter any project that uses metal/metallics on it!  :)





7 Comments »

7 Responses to “Friday Challenge - Metal/Metallics”

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving what everyone created!!!!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Awesome DT inspiration. WTG team mates!!!!!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Fabulous and fun projects by your Design Team. Loving the beautiful coloring and designa with the My Besties images. BIg Texas Hugs, Antoinette

Byrd Street Studio said...

ok... Who else wants to buy EVERY Sherri Baldy digi!!!!!! How fun was this?

Beth aka BR-T said...

I love that scrapbook page and the cards are stunning! Thanks for the inspiration!

Julia Aston said...

Just found your challenge - and have linked up my card with metal! Lovely samples from the DT! Julia xx

Suchi said...

Stunning inspirations and awesome theme this month. I loved playing along Frosted Designs.
Thanks so much! :)
Suchi xx