Guest Designer - Karrie Sweet!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

We are thrilled to announce another Guest Designer this week!! Karrie has been a long time supporter of Frosted Designs and we love her work! (We think you will too!) Not only is she sharing a gorgeous project, but she is also sharing the steps she took to create it!! Thanks Karrie!

After you check out her project, let her know you stopped by!  :)



Hi I’m Karrie and I am very honoured to be the guest of Frosted Designs today.  
 I want to share my recent project using some items from the Out of the Blue kit (love it!) such as 
papers from the Kaisercraft Blue Bay collection, as well as mini roses. 
I also used Tim Holtz stencils for my background that I received in other Frosted kits!  
 My good friend is getting married and I wanted to give her something for 
displaying her favourite wedding photo.   My super-talented hubby is going to be making a shadowbox type frame before we gift it.

 So sshh don’t tell her!  
Her wedding colours are black and purple, so of course that’s what I went with.
 I’ve taken some pix of some of the process, which took about 4 hours start to finish. 
Gather supplies, create a background on cardboard... 

put it like this ??
 
...well, play with it some more...   Fussy cut the Calla Lily deco from the invitation...
 fussy cut roses and add more layers.

I know my friend loves the beach so I think seashells are a perfect touch.   White gauze, black tissue paper, flowers,  and pearls complete the project.

 I hope you enjoyed getting the sneak peek and I sure hope she will like it!



9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Guest Designer - Karrie Sweet!”

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is so gorgeous Karrie. Love all the pics of the steps. Congrats on Guest Designer at Frosted Designs.

Cherished said...

Gorgeous page. Thanks for joining us as Guest designer.

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely stunning!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks for being our guest this month!!!

Raechelle Bellus said...

This is stunning!!! Thanks for being our guest!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So beautiful Karrie. Perfect gift! Thanks for being Guest Designer. WTG!!!!

Unknown said...

I also love the color purple! Such a fabulous job on creating the background. Gorgeous layout! Congrats on Guest Designer at Frosted Design.

Katy said...

GORGEOUS, Karrie!!!

C.Lam. said...

Stunning !!!!!!!!!