Some Inspiration From Joni

Monday, May 26, 2014

I've really been enjoying playing with our monthly kits!!!  It's Joni today and I'm going to share a few layouts that I did with the May Simply Sweet kit.

Now the first thing I'll tell you about this kit is that I have a more "boyish" style and so I find it challenging to use pastel or flowery products when I scrap.   So, at first glance, I'd probably have normally passed on this kit, but when I got a look at how much stuff was loaded in this kit....well, I just figured I'd give it a shot!!! -- and I'm sooooo glad I did...I found it really easy to work with, even though I initially thought it "wasn't my style".   Here we go....

I really loved that kit has elements that are kraft colored... I LOVE KRAFT!!!

In this first layout, I was inspired by the "together" tag .  I used the "always" script word, the wooden arrow, flowers, buttons, word stickers ... all from the kit.  Also, the white dots were made with the Viva Paper Pen (it's like liquid paint).  And...Oh my, that Prima Chalk Ink pad to distress my edges...LOVE how it fits in my hand and the coverage is perfect!!!    I did add twine from my stash and used quite a bit to add movement to the layout.


Here is closeups of my clusters:


On this second layout, I went for the "yellow"!!
I outlined the "Choose Happy" with my Gelly Roll Glaze Pen to help make it stand out.

I used the Glimmer Glaze to paint the top border which I cut from one of the papers.
I used 2 tags, a few small pieces of papers, wood arrow, word stickers, the chalk ink on the edges and the paper/paint pen to make a few dots.  Twine from my stash.



Finally, here is a layout that I did using a combination of both the April Beauty of Nature kit and the May Simply Sweet kit.

I started with the Marion Smith paper called Up, Up and Away.
I used the Harlequin (diamond) stencil from April's kit on the background with the Prima Chalk Ink pad.
I also used the stencil from the May kit with a mix of molding paste & paint to add the Live, Love, Laugh quote.  I had a few issues with my paste being too thick, so I went over this area with the Chalk ink pad too.
It's a little darker than I had planned, but I can "Live, Love and Laugh" with it!!

I used embellishments from both month's kits...they really seemed to match PERFECTLY!!
I won't list every embellishment, but the only extra thing I added was a little twine...
everything else is in the kits!!


I hope you have as much fun playing with your kits as I am!!  

As May comes to an end, we thought we would have a little Mixed Media fun! 
Today starts the first day of our Mixed Media May-hem!
For 3 Days only, you can get 30% off all of your favorite Mixed Media Items! 


Be sure to use the code MAYHEM at checkout to receive the discount! 



4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Some Inspiration From Joni”

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!! I love love love love that title work on the 2nd one!!!!

Jean said...

You rocked these kits!!!

Debbie said...

Great job with the kits Joni! Love all of your layouts!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

You have done some amazing work with these kits Joni!!