DIY Project Life Cards with Lisa!

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Good morning!  I hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful weekend where you are at!  Lisa here today as blog hostess and today I wanted to share a fun layout I created in which I made my own DIY  Project Life cards! Here is the layout I created:


Here I am using my homemade "cards" on a traditional layout but you could always use them in the pocket style protectors as well.  For the top card I added a small doily and topped it off with one of the Elle's Studio Cameron Tidbits layered on a small banner.  Underneath I added my journaling, I couldn't find a paper with a small not so busy print, so I cut up the packaging for the Elle's Studio Everyday Moments Bits & Pieces and made little journaling banners.


I think rounding the corners of my home made cards add a special touch and more feminine feel.  For the other three cards I just added my wallet sized photos, but if you had less photos you could add extra embellishments instead.  I can't get enough of the Elle's Studio wood veneers!  Here is a quick tip for those die cut words: just use your glue dots or wet glue and adhere a small bit of your favorite patterned paper under the wood piece to make it really stand out against a plain background and make the words easier to be seen.


I have found the Elle's Studio embellishments are a great addition to your DIY Project Life Cards, make sure and pick some up in the store today!  If you have made your own DIY Project Life cards I would love for you to share, please link up in the comments or post on our Facebook page, we'd love to see them! 



2 Comments »

2 Responses to “DIY Project Life Cards with Lisa!”

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! LOVING the colors and the grid design!!!

Jean said...

Such a cool design!!!