Show Me Sunday - A Tutorial By Teresa

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Greetings, Teresa Jaye playing with you today
I have a project to share with you on which I've demonstrated creating layers.
I started with a plain fiberboard frame purchased at a big box store. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of it before I put on the first layer (which is patterned paper), but here is what you'll need:
The patterned paper (by Making Memories) is applied with Mod Podge under and over the paper. Use a sanding tool to clean up the edges after the Mod Podge dries.
Next comes a layer of ink (Ranger Archival in Coffee) randomly applied through a stencil (Mini Chicken Wire Reversed stencil by Crafters Workshop) with a finger dauber.

And then a layer of vintage tissue paper torn in bits and applied with Mod Podge under and over:
How pretty all the layers look, yet the project is still completely flat! The trick is in the tissue paper as it is quite transparent!
Now I added some dimension by embellishing with burlap, netting, felt, and a vintage doily (there is a paper flower and canister by Making Memories in the picture but I wound up not using it)
And here's the finished project

With a picture of my friends puppy in it - the perfect birthday present for her!
Thanks for joining me!
I hope you are inspired to try some layering on your next project!

6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Show Me Sunday - A Tutorial By Teresa”

Sandra said...

This is so cute, I love the layer technique and TFS.

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Lovely frame! I'm sure you friend will love this. Thanks for the great gift idea.

Krisha said...

Beautifully done!

Barb Craft said...

Beautiful frame! And you make it look like even I can do it!! Thanks for sharing the idea!

barb :)

Unknown said...

Love how you created your background!! Great card!!

SandeeNC said...

Loving the layers, and it's a darling present for your friend! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥