5 Fun Facts about Anita...
- I have a Master's Degree in Aeronautical Engineering but I have never worked in that field. I stayed home with my girls instead.
- I am an avid gardener, collect heirloom roses and irises, and have been known to stop on the side of the road to dig up plants. Nothing is more soothing to me than to go into the yard and do a little digging.
- I am a baker and I designed and decorated wedding cakes for almost 20 years. Every year at Christmas time I bake hundreds (sometimes almost a thousand) of cookies and give away to my family and friends. It is a huge days long production here in the house.
- I have played the piano pretty much all my life, but never learned to read music! I play by ear. Learning to read music and play the "real way" are on my bucket list.
- I love to travel. One of my favorite trips was to Guatemala, I hiked to the top of an active volcano and got to stand in the clouds. It was pretty amazing. On my list of places to see - Easter Island for the migration of the Red Crabs, The Galapagos Islands, and I want to go island hopping through the Greek Isles with just a back pack and no itinerary.
More About Anita....
I am married to a great guy for almost 25 years now, we have two beautiful daughters, two dogs and three furry cats. I am a SAHM who went back to work for a little while when my daughter was in college, but I decided it wasn't for me and came back home to scrapbook and work on my house and yard. These days I keep busy doing design work for several manufacturers, the local store and a couple of challenge blogs. I have some serious issues with paper, buttons, ribbon, brads,,,,, so this art is perfect for me!
A Couple of Anita's Favorite Projects...
You can check out more of Anita's work on her blog HERE!