Show Me Sunday - A Tutorial by Erin!

Sunday, October 14, 2012



Tutorial/Tricks to make a lot of cards fast for little $$

I had a bunch of thank you cards to give out, so I made life simple and created a card sketch to create all my cards from.  I did not have to use the same papers or stickers/embellishments, but the idea was the same.

From this sketch I created 8 different cards.  This is a simple and easy way to get a lot of cards done in a short amount of time.  

1)  Find a simple sketch, or create one.
2) Use a paper pack to have multiple papers to choose from.  I used a baby kit from Momenta to create all of these.

3) Don't feel like you have to use the exact same papers for all the cards, change it up for some fun!  I used 3 different background papers and 2 different strips for my cards.
4) Use pre-scored cards with envelops from a store like Michaels (usually 25 to a pack for like $3), then just glue your background to the front of the card.

5) Mass produce by cutting all of the same size papers at one time, don't create one card then move onto the next, make it assembly style.  Do the same for inking, stamping, and gluing.
6) Use one stamp for the sentiment instead of stickers to help save on cost.
7) Pick out 1 large sticker that fits the theme for each card, they do not have to be the same.













Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

3 Comments »

3 Responses to “Show Me Sunday - A Tutorial by Erin!”

Roudi said...

Oh these are lovely! Thank you so much for the tips. xx
Roudi @ c-is-for-craft.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

great tips Erin! I need to make a bunch of cards for Christmas (I don't make many cards) but they're not Christmas cards. My mother in law has decided that their side of the family is doing a "home made" Christmas, and she wants a buch of cards that she can give out throughout the year. These tips might help me get through it!

CraftyGirl said...

I love this idea for making several cards at once! I think I am going to have to use it for my Christmas cards this year!

barb :)