Fabulous Friday Challenge - Quilting!

Friday, May 18, 2012

We love a good challenge here at Frosted Designs and lately, we have really been pushing not only our Design Team, but all of you to try new techniques and styles! This week is no exception... we would love to see you use Quilting on your card, layout or off the page project!! Now, we realize this can be interpreted in many different ways and we would love to see your take on it! Here is what our Design Team created to help get those creative juices flowing....

Joni created her quilting project on a canvas!





The inside of the card


This is what Anita said about her quilting project...
"For my project this week I finished a book I started some time ago. I made everything but the cover of this book, because I couldn't decide how to finish the cover! The quilting theme really hit me and I drug this project back out. I made this little book to preserve all the memories I had of my Gussie's house while growing up. (my grandmother) The cover is 13 X 6 1/4 and is made of heavy duty bookboard. I used a screen printed paper bought at an art supply store to cover it." 

"I cut the paper into sections, inked everything and lined them up on my cover. I then taped them onto a piece of brown paper bag as a backing so I would have something to sew it onto. Once it was sewn I cleaned up the edges and glued the whole thing down to the bookboard."

"For more details on how the rest of the book was finished -and a look at the inside pages- please stop by my blog. There are lots of photos!"


Amanda 


We are so thankful to have Vintage Street Market as a loyal supporter of Frosted Designs! They are sponsoring us again this week with another great prize! Please stop by their blog and let them know that Frosted Designs sent you over! We want them to know how appreicated they are! You can get to their blog by clicking HERE!


This weeks sponsor is  Vintage Street Market, jump on over to their website and have a little look at some of their ranges!

Formed by two families, Vintage Street Market celebrates memories, and the textures, sentiments and simplicity from times past. It is our intention to not only offer exceptional products and superior customer service, but to also create a community where nostalgia can be shared, creativity explored, and memories preserved.
Vintage Street Market, Inc. is a company founded and created by friends and families. Michelle Jackson and Allison Rittner have been in the craft goods and scrapbooking industry for many years, each with their own diverse background and business experience. They have combined their individual skills along with their similar tastes and styles to create products with a vintage flair. Great effort has been made to design, develop and distribute a quality product while practicing excellent customer service and respect for their customers.

And the prize.....
This is just a sampling of what you can find in the Vintage Street Market store!

You can do a little shopping of your own by clicking HERE!

We would love to see what you can do with this weeks Quilting Challenge!

5 Comments »

5 Responses to “Fabulous Friday Challenge - Quilting!”

Sandra said...

Great projects ladies, I especially love Barb's page because the colour is one of my all time favourites and I love the quilting.

Lynn said...

I love all the different quilting patterns. So lovely.

Janet M said...

Fun challenge and some great exmples from the team.

...just Peggy said...

Great DT cards. Love the Challenge. I am always looking for new ideas to send to my quilting friends.

Karen H said...

Amazing DT creations, once again! :o) You are always inspiring. Thank you for another fun challenge. :o)

Hugs and blessings!