First Birthday - Ice Cream on The Beach BLOG HOP!!!

Friday, July 8, 2011

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST BIRTHDAY - ICE CREAM ON THE BEACH BLOG HOP!!!


We are so excited and hope you can hop along with us! The hop will start today and end July 11th at Midnight Central Time. You will have until then to email your answers.
This is how it's going to work:

You need to make sure you visit each and every blog. In each of the DT member blog post, you will find a question and answer. Jot down the name of the DT member next to each of the questions below and email their names to Diana at danica4us@yahoo.com. We will have a drawing at the end of the hop for a prize! Here are the questions you are looking for....

  1. Do you like to scrapbook alone or with friends? I like to scrapbook better with friends! (Especially my sisters!)
  2. When and why did you start scrapping? I started scrapbooking in 2008 because I want to preserve my daughters memories as they grow.
  3. What's your favorite snack while you scrap? Chocolates any kind and an occasional beer.
  4. Do you like creating mini albums and if so how many do you have? Have not done one, but may give it a try.
  5. Your favorite cardstock color? White. I like that it is a "blank slate" and I can color it and decorate it any way I want to work with my pages.
  6. What size LO do you prefer or do you prefer cards? Prefer cards.
  7. Do you like to listen to music while you scrap, if so what kind? I would love to listen to music when I scrap, but alas I do my scrapping after my little ones go to bed, so I need to keep a ear open if they wake up, and my littlest ones always does, but if I could listen to music it would have to be a mix of rock, pop, and metal!!
  8. What do you enjoy scrapping the most? I have three perfect little models and I love scrapbooking LOs of them.
  9. What's the longest you've gone without scrapping? The longest I have been without scrapping is when we moved from Kansas to New Zealand. We flew here on June 1 (2010) and our container with all our belongings didn't arrive until July 7th (2010). Just over a month without scrapbooking!! It just about did me in. Now I scrapbook at least every other day, if not do something every day.
  10. What's your favorite adhesive? My go-to adhesive for scrapbooking is my Tombow mono adhesive.
  11. What is your favorite embellishment to use on your LO/Card/Project? Lately, it's been paper flowers, but overall I would have to say ribbon.
  12. How often do you purge your scrap stash? Once in 8 years.
  13. If you were stranded on a desert island what scrapbooking supplies would you need? PP, CS, scissors, ATG, some good pics, ink (spray and pads), and a black pen. I could do anything with just those supplies.
  14. What do you do when your mojo is gone to get back the scrapping mojo? Well when my mojo is gone I pick my scrapbook magazines and flip them until I find something that caught my eye. If that doesn't work I go to my statch of sketches and find one appealing and I start creating. Those two things bring the mojo back!
  15. When you complete a LO/Page, do you put it in an album immediately or do you pile it up for a later time? If the page protectors are not finished, I put the pages in the album immediately. Otherwise they accumulate.
  16. What do you have the most in your stash other than paper? Brads & eyelets.
  17. If you were to start scrapping with what you know now, what would be the first tool you would buy? Two tools that go perfectly together, a good craft knive and a healing pad.

Hint (If you copy and paste the questions and answers it will make it real easy to jot down the names of the 18 dt members.)


Here is what you can win by figuring out who answered those 18 questions and hopping along with us...

Blog Hop Prize

The kit includes 10 Little Yellow Bicycle papers along with several flowers, ribbons, brads, and so much more! Be sure to take notes and email your answer to Diana at danica4us@yahoo.com!

Now let's get hopping! Your first stop is: Barb

(If you get lost along the way, the order of the blog hop is listed at the end of this post!)

Now for this week's Fabulous Friday Challenge for you!

This week will be a Recipe Challenge:

1. Ribbon/Trim

2.Charm

3. Rhinestones/pearls

We would like to see you make a card, layout or any other project that uses those 2 "ingredients"!
Our design team has been hard at work! Take a look at everything they created for you...


And I couldn't ignore the fact that this also the Ice Cream at the Beach Summer Blog Hop. So here's a popsicle to honor the event:






You will have to visit all the blogs on the blog hop to see what the rest of our Design Team created for you!
Here is the prize you can win by playing along with our Fabulous Friday Challenge this week:

(REMEMBER... THIS PRIZE IS SEPERATE FROM THE BLOG HOP. TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING FOR THIS PRIZE, YOU MUST SUBMIT A PROJECT FOR THIS WEEK'S RECIPE CHALLENGE!)

We would like to welcome Pizzazz Aplenty as this week's sponsor!

Pizzazz Aplenty began with only a bit of bling and some ribbon, but in the last six months, we've added so much more... including stick pins and cameos for that vintage look. Our "Buy One Get One Free," sale on many of the flatback pearls and rhinestones will begin July 3rd. This sale was a tremendous success in January, so be sure to check back July 3rd through July 17th. We only do this sale twice a year, so this is the time to stock up.

Here is what one lucky winner will receive....

1 pkg (6) Button Stick Pins
1 pkg each of 3mm, and 4mm White flatback Pearls
1 pkg each of 3mm, and 4mm Yellow flatback Pearls
1 pkg each of 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm Clear flatback Rhinestones
1 pkg each of 3mm, and 4mm Orange Rhinestones
1 pkg (5 yards) Sunny Yellow Dream String
1 pkg (1) Gel Picker

Thank you to Pizzazz Aplenty for being this week's sponsor! You can find their store by clicking HERE!

Remember, to qualify for the prize, your project must be newly created and posted after this challenge is posted! You have until noon Thursday (Central Time) to link up your project!
In case you get lost along the way here is the order of the blog hop!
2. Diana
9. Lydia
10. Ann
11. Angela
14. Karin



16 Comments »

16 Responses to “First Birthday - Ice Cream on The Beach BLOG HOP!!!”

Angela said...

Fabulous inspiring lo's for the hop! Great job everyone!!!

Unknown said...

Great job putting the blog hop together, ladies! I wish Erin and I had been able to participate, but with life being super busy at the moment, and having just joined the team, we didn't have time to put it together! But I'm definately going to hop along and check out everyone's blogs and projects! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Debbie Bakk said...

Fantastic job ladies!! especially Diana- thanks for all the time and effort into this fabulous blog hop. I looked and visited every blog and all did a fantastic job. Have a great weekend

Ann said...

This is fantastic! Diana, you did such a wonderful job! I'm off to 'HOP"!

Karin said...

Yay!!!! I did it! I did the hop and visit my fellow DT members. Lovely projects and let me tell you it was way too much fun!!!

xoxo

Lydia said...

The hop was great!! Everyone did such a good job on their posts and projects! Again, I'm so thankful to be a part of such a great team!
Lydia

Unknown said...

Thank you to the other DT member it was a fantastic hop, and I loved every minute of seeing all your work. I am very proud to be on such an amazing team!!

giovanna said...

Fantastic blog hop, very very nice!!!
Very beautiful LO and scrappers very clever!!
Hi Giovanna

DIANA L. said...

Thanks for the opportunity to win and the great challenge ?HOP

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

YAY! I completed the blog hop! That was fun! Now I know a little something about each blogger!

Roberta @ The Papercrafting League

Ashley Horton said...

Great hop ladies!! I enjoyed stopping at everyone's blogs and seeing all of your amazing projects!! You all did a fantastic job!

mandy said...

Happy 1st Birthday fab blog hop reali enjoyed hopping around to see all the fab makes :) hugs mandy xxx

Linda Wescott said...

Beautiful DT Projects, thanks for the fun challenge Hugs lin

MerryJohnson said...

Wow ! what an amazing blog.Its one of the best blog I have ever read.
Thanks for sharing this information.
Good Work.
Nice blog on ice cream supplies
.
Keep going....

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

Love this current Fabulous Friday challenge! Thanks a lot!
Roberta @ The Papercrafting League
http://thepapercraftingleague.blogspot.com

MerryJohnson said...

Wow ! Its an amazing blog.
One of the best blog I have ever read.
Its awesome.
Nice blog on ice cream supplies.
Keep going...