Show Me Sunday - A Tutorial By Elisabetta!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Good Sunday to all. You are quiet at home? Do you want to try something nice but also fast to enrich LO and cards? Then pull out the material and test now this idea really easy to make, even for people like me who has just started to crochet.

 

You need:
Bazzil
Round Punch
Little punch
Pencil
Adhesive
Cotton crochet
Hook

Cut 2 circles of Bazzil and glue them together. Using a pencil, mark around all points distant at least 0,7-1 cm.



Drill holes with a punch. Take the thread to crochet and work through a single crochet on the first hole.


Repeat in the same hole another single crochet (2 sc in each hole). Make a chain (1 ch).

Go to the next hole and repeat: 2 sc and 1 ch, all around the circle.




Join with a slip stitch.




Begin the second round with 5 chain. Make a single crochet in the space between two holes (where you did the chain in the first round), (5 ch, 1 sc).




Then do 3 chain and a single crochet, and repeat all around (3ch, 1 sc). Join the last chain with the second point on the first chain (remember, the first chain was 5 point) with a slip stitch.




Close the work and secure the wire on the back with tape.


Now you can decore it as you want!


You can change the number of chains in the second round to obtain a flower!


Here I show you other works with this very versatile embellishment.



In this case the circle is larger, but the principle is the same.

And here I even trimmed a portion of the patterned.


Now do a test immediately, unleash the imagination and have fun!

8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Show Me Sunday - A Tutorial By Elisabetta!”

Barb Craft said...

Elisabetta... you have been on a creative roll lately!! GREAT tutorial! Teaching crochet techniques is hard and you did it very well!! Thanks for teaching me something new! I can't wait to try it!

barb :)

Unknown said...

Wow awesome tutorial!!! I crochet but never thought of doing this !!!
Thanks for the ispiration!!!

Linda Wescott said...

This is such a cute idea. Going to try it today. Hugs lin

Dawnll said...

This is amazing how wonderful that you could capture each of the steps.
I haven't crocheted for years and miss that.
Thanks for sharing such a fun idea

TeenaBugg38 said...

Ok, I'm trustring you here......this is one of those things that if I can do it.....anyone can!!! By the way....do y'all need something like a crash test dummy to test drive your tiuts? LOL That would be me!!!! Tina the scrap test dummy :) I have tried and tried and tried to crochet and usually end up pathetically tangled in the mess and more than a little irate.......but I love this look so tune in later folks......lol

Silvana Torchio said...

che dire...sempre piĆ¹ brava!!!
baci
Silva

diana said...

Thanks for sharing such a fun idea! I linked here from Ingenious Inkling by SmilynStef. I've just added your blog to my Google Reader account. TFS ;-)

Alma7 said...

Thanks so much, I wanted to learn how to do this for such a long time!
Great tutorial!