Emily

Saturday, September 19, 2009

{Emily's BLOG}
Tell us a little about yourself-I am a stay-at-home mom of two children. I love paper crafting, knitting, cooking, and watching The Office. I also have a slight obsession about weddings :) I love my church and volunteer with the middle school youth group twice a week.

When/why did you start scrap booking?
I used to cut out pictures from magazines and paste them in a book when I was about 9, but I started scrap booking photos in middle school about 14 years ago. My mom picked it up as a way to showcase our family reunion pictures and I got hooked. Since then I also picked up card making and have tried my hand at home decor. I merged my obsession with weddings to scrap booking and started doing wedding albums and invitations too.

What is your favorite technique for paper crafting?
Definitely heat embossing. Usually this is with stamped images, but I also like to use an edging effect on papers and even photos to give the layers a glossy mat.

What is your favorite product for paper crafting?
My Cricut would easily be one of my favorites. I use it for almost every project I do and I love to try to figure out new ways to use the designs. I also use my circle and scallop punch combination a lot and my Cuttlebug embossing folders.

COMMENTS: »